Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What this blog is about

The simple answer is, right now, I don't know. I don't even know whether I will be able to sustain this blog, on this first day.

What do I want it to be about?

Theater. Writing. Neurology. Being a writer. Being a director. Children's books. Oz. Probability. The Czech Republic. Absurdism. Ideas.

I want it to tie into the theme of my theater company, which I term a Theater of Ideas: scientific, political, and philosophical.

I want it to relate to my other creative projects as well, especially my children's books.

I want it to be personal, in the sense that it gives a sense of personality, but not personal, in the sense of a daily diary of my life.

I want it to be interesting.

I want it to be manageable. I don't want it to take over my writing time.

Let me be honest. I want it to be good self-publicity. I want it to be good publicity for my theater company.

I want it to be a way to hear feedback.

And I want it to be a forum for thought.

So it begins...

No comments: